SOIR-IM’s primary mission is to fight poverty and exclusion and contribute to lasting change for individuals in particularly vulnerable situations.
SOIR-IM was established in the 1970s with an aim to work for the under privileged people and Tibetan refugees in India, in the areas of education, health and livelihood. Having served for nearly 50 years in the country, SOIR-IM now strives to support and empower marginalised people to lead a dignified life.
SOIR-IM is committed to work with the most vulnerable community, particularly women and youth, differently abled, Tibetan refugees with difficult situations along with like- minded civil society.
Our emphasis is on strengthening civil society organizations contributing to societal change and where vulnerable women and youth have increased their ability to social and economic inclusion and thereby creating a more equal society. SOIR-IM facilitates works of other civil society organisations in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi and West Bengal.
WHAT WE WANT
- To work for a fair and compassionate world and sustainable societal change
- To create a world where everyone have the capacity to carry out their lives according to their own choice
- To contribute to lasting change for people in especially vulnerable situations
UN’s SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Our work contributes towards SDGs 1, 5, 10 and 17 with gender equality and reduced inequalities as cross-cutting goals in all our projects.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
– Every individual has the inherent power to change their situation
– All development must be sustainable